In case you haven’t noticed, Summer is in full swing in Florida, meaning it’s hot! You can easily break a sweat walking from the house to your car and good luck breathing in your car until that a/c kicks in. With this heat, it’s important to remember to hydrate which is not the easiest for some of us.
Here are some tips to help stay hydrated if water is not your favorite:
- Buy a reusable water bottle to keep with you throughout the day. You can quickly, easily, and cheaply refill it throughout the day as you move along.
- If you don’t enjoy the taste of water, consider adding a squeeze of lemon, lime, or another fruit or vegetable (hello, cucumber!) to liven it up.
- Drink an entire glass of water first thing in the morning to start your day off right.
- When you go to a restaurant, ask for a glass of water in addition to whatever other drink you want, but drink the water first.
- Still having trouble with just water? Remember to eat plenty of food that is mostly water. Watermelon, strawberries, cantaloupe, skim milk, cucumbers, lettuce, zucchini, celery, tomatoes, bell peppers, cauliflower, and cabbage are all 90+% water according to healthline. So in addition to drinking up, eat up too!
Stay hydrated (not thirsty), my friends!