Moises was selected by his coaches to be July’s Nika of the Month! He has an amazing spirit in the box and it was easy to recognize. Read on to learn more about Mo.
- How did you hear about Nika? My wife actually told me about Nika. I think she saw it on Facebook or just driving by. We live close.
- What made you come in for a No Sweat Intro for the first time? I was a prior member of another CrossFit gym in Casselberry. My wife told me about this one and even though I waited a while, I knew that it was for me. I had some old debt that I needed to pour all of my money into first.
- Did you feel nervous or intimidated after your No Sweat Intro? Maybe a little. Dave is a sizable guy. But honestly, I was ready.
- Favorite WOD or movement? Hard one. Because I like push press but the better I get at some of the other moves, the more I like them. I like box squats a lot. So I will go with box squats.
- Tell us about a friend or friends you have made at Nika. Every is super cool. I cannot single out just a few and there are too many to list. None of them make me feel like I failed because I finished last. This obviously includes the coaches.
- Biggest accomplishment thus far? I went an entire WOD (50 reps) without doing knee raises. All T2Bs. I have a bum shoulder and so this was special. It wasn’t pretty but it happened.
- Next goal? Dubs. I have been working on them and getting better. I will get it even if it kills me (it probably will too).
- How has Nika helped with your job, hobby, everyday life? (In that order) Job: I feel alive. Hobby: I feel alive. Everyday life: Yup, I feel alive!
- What is your spirit animal? I don’t believe in that, but I most related to a manatee. I love them with all my heart. They are so chill.
- Favorite song to workout to? Dura - Daddy Yankee, although I usually just end up dancing.
- What advice would you give others who are thinking of signing up for a No Sweat Intro? Stop thinking about it and just invest in yourself. If you don’t pay for it now, you will for it in your old age.
Great job, Mo! Keep up that hard work and the dubs will come without killing you!