Kristy has been impressing her coaches recently so choosing her for August’s Nika of the Month was an easy task. Read on to learn more about Kristy.
- How did you hear about Nika? One of my coworkers was constantly talking to me about CrossFit and kept telling me to go and try it out (she goes to another gym closer to her house, but she knew someone who went to Nika).
- What made you come in for a No Sweat Intro for the first time? I was bored at Planet Fitness and my coworker kept encouraging me to go.
- Did you feel nervous or intimidated after your No Sweat Intro? I wasn’t really nervous after the No Sweat Intro. Just intimidated by the movements and was worried I wouldn’t remember them or how to do them. Luckily that went away because the coaches go over the movements before each workout. The foundation classes helped but I was still worried about remembering everything!
- Favorite WOD or movement? I LOVE sumo deadlifts!
- Tell us about a friend or friends you have made at Nika. I consider all of the members at Nika my friends. I remember my very first class I was nervous just because I didn’t know anyone and Jonathan came right up to me and started talking to me. It made me feel so much better! Since then I’d say everyone is a friend since we all talk to each other and care about each other.
- Biggest accomplishment thus far? Pushing myself out of my comfort zone.
- Next goal? Weight loss, build muscle, get stronger, get pull ups and rope climbs.
- How has Nika helped with your job, hobby, everyday life? It’s made me physically stronger (I like when I go to the store and a man says do you want me to get that for you and I say no thanks I’ve got this)! When I’m ready to give up on something I hear voices in my head encouraging me to keep going and push myself!
- What is your spirit animal? I love dolphins.
- Favorite song to workout to? Don’t have a favorite song to workout to. Just something upbeat that keeps you moving.
- What advice would you give others who are thinking of signing up for a No Sweat Intro? Anyone can do this. You will love it, just do it!
You are awesome, Kristy! Keep up the hard work!