Laura, aka Frenchie, was chosen as September’s Nika of the month. Read on to learn more about our Frenchie.
- How did you hear about Nika? I have always been familiar with NIKA as a great CrossFit gym and was wanting to explore further.
- What made you come in for a No Sweat Intro for the first time? I chose to come in because I was in a huge RUT with myself, no motivation to be active and experiencing a very challenging school year in the classroom. I felt that if I joined a gym and started my day in a better mindset that would transfer to the rest of my day!
- Did you feel nervous or intimidated after your No Sweat Intro? I did not feel nervous about working out. I couldn’t wait for my first WOD but definitely certain days were more intimidating depending on the group or how out of my comfort zone the WOD was, but the coaches always helped me!
- Favorite WOD or movement? I love the hero WODs but BERT comes to mind because it was one that I went to be thinking about, woke up and knew I had to accomplish even at home, and then completing it was very rewarding mentally and physically!
- Tell us about a friend or friends you have made at Nika. Friends I have met at NIKA…all of the AM crew are friends and the coaches as well! I enjoyed getting to know some of the ladies more personally during the Barbell Betties class, and who doesn’t love Skeeter??
- Biggest accomplishment thus far? Greatest accomplishment is mentally challenging myself to try everything and work each day on something whether it be a better pull up modification, climbing the rope, or HSPU… realizing my strength and going for it!
- Next Goal? Stay committed to 4-5 days a week especially during school year, and focus on nutrition.
- How has Nika helped with your job, hobby, everyday life? CrossFit really helped me last year with my mind and mood so that I could walk into work with a better attitude towards kids that were mentally wearing me down! It has made me realize I do deserve to put myself first even though I am a wife and mother!
- What is our spirit animal? Bird…I love enjoying life by soaring high and remaining calm!
- Favorite song to workout to? I enjoyed Apple Music Intense Sweat while working out from home this summer. It has some very energetic songs and beats.
- What advice would you give others who are thinking of signing up for a No Sweat Intro? Do it, but realize it takes time for your mind and body to accomplish all your CrossFit goals you want them to. It is a process, and the coaches will help you every step of your journey!
Keep up the hard work, Frenchie!