July’s NIKA of the month was another easy pick for our coaches. Cher! This woman shows up and puts in the work. She brings a smile and energy that is felt immediately. Read on to learn more about her.
- How did you hear about Nika? RJ!
- What made you come in for a No Sweat Intro for the first time? I had just returned home from grad school and was looking for a gym.
- Did you feel nervous or intimated after your No Sweat Intro? Absolutely not. Everyone was very welcoming, and I was so excited to get started!
- Favorite WOD or Movement? Literally, anything barbell-related, except hang clean.
- Tell me about a friend or friends you have made at NIKA. Charlie, she’s clearly the best. Honestly, my favorite people at the gym would have to be my 5:30 AM class and my favorite coaches; I can always depend on them to push me out of my comfort zone, and that is where growth is.
- Greatest accomplishment so far? Completing MURPH. That was the first WOD that I prepped for mentally and physically because it was my first time doing it. It was very tough, but I go through it with the help of my husband.
- Next goal? Competing, achieving a pull-up, and fluid double-unders.
- How has Nika helped with your job, hobby, everyday life? Working out is a vital part of my self-care. NIKA is my sanctuary in a sense, whenever I am there my main focus is giving my all in a workout regardless of how much it may suck in that moment because I always feel good afterward.
- What is your Spirit Animal? Owl
- Favorite Song to workout to? Anything Jay Z or Kendrick Lamar.
- What advice would you give others who are thinking about signing up for a No Sweat Intro? This is your sign–do it. Investing in you should always be essential, it is not selfish, it is necessary.
Keep up the hard work, Cher! You are doing awesome!