Congratulations to Alexis for being named the NIKA of the month for August! Alexis has been working hard, in class and out, and she’s always looking for how to improve! Read on to learn more about Alexis.
- How did you hear about Nika? I did my own research online about DeLand crossfit gyms and I also spoke with Coach Jess about it!
- What made you come in for a No Sweat Intro for the first time? I really wanted to take a big step forward in doing more for ME, so I decided to take that step and try out crossfit.
- Did you feel nervous or intimated after your No Sweat Intro? As an introvert, I was very nervous about starting. Crossfit is a close-knit group of people and I knew that a lot of what I would be doing would take me outside of my comfort zone. However, once I got to meet the coaches and members I started to feel very comfortable and those nerves went away very quickly!
- Favorite WOD or Movement? I love a lot of the power movements! I love working on cleans and snatches!
- Tell me about a friend or friends you have made at NIKA. I have met so many fantastic people and I especially love my 6:45 am group!! They are all amazing, very positive and we all love cheering each other on in the WODs. I love all of the goofy banter that goes on before, during and after the workouts!
- Greatest accomplishment so far? Completing my first Murph, noticing the strength gains I have made, and making my workouts more of a priority.
- Next goal? I have so many haha! I would REALLY like to get pull-ups and double unders under my belt but I also want to continue building my overall strength (with a core focus)
- How has Nika helped with your job, hobby, everyday life? My confidence in what I can do and who I am has changed immensely. I have begun to challenge myself more and learned to focus on what I can accomplish, rather than what I can’t. It has helped me focus on my goals and break down how I can achieve them. Everything I have built for myself inside of the gym with the amazing coaches and members has translated to outside of the gym, where I have been able to be more confident in what I can do in my life and in my career.
- What is your Spirit Animal? An elephant!
- Favorite Song to workout to? As long as it has a good beat to keep me going, I like it!
- What advice would you give others who are thinking about signing up for a No Sweat Intro? Don’t be afraid to get started! If you are considering it, just do it! The coaches and members are so amazing and there is always a way for you to workout. They are great with modifying things if you are needing it (and there is nothing wrong with that!!). You will see so many changes in yourself both mentally and physically and it is amazing!
Keep up the hard work, Alexis!