This is the last NIKA of the Month for 2021: Kaitlin Lantigua! What do her coaches love about her? She is working hard toward her goals! She’s taking her fitness to the next level by starting nutrition coaching, she asks questions, and puts extra time in practicing in her lifts and gymnastics. Read on to learn more about Kaitlin.
- How did you hear about Nika? My neighbor Rebecca joined NIKA about a month before me and I saw her slim down and get fit and she easily convinced me to join NIKA even before I saw the gym I signed up.
- What made you come in for a No Sweat Intro for the first time? Never did the no sweat intro, I called Stacey and signed up on the spot. I knew I was going to love it without even seeing the gym.
- Did you feel nervous or intimated after your No Sweat Intro? I wasn’t nervous or intimidated I was super excited to push some weight!!!
- Favorite WOD or Movement? I can’t get enough of deadlifts! I can move the most weight deadlifting. Ever since joining crossfit I love learning the new moves, I really like the clean and looking forward to mastering the snatch!!
- Tell me about a friend or friends you have made at NIKA. The whole community of coaches and athletes have been amazing !! I truly feel like I’m walking into home when stepping onto the mats. NIKA offers such an amazing family environment which is important to me
- Greatest accomplishment so far? Ah man that’s tough. I’d say competing in my first competition with Alexis
- Next goal? Ultimately my next goal is focused on body fat weight loss and swinging on that rig!! Gymnastics movements !! Need to get my kipping down
- How has Nika helped with your job, hobby, everyday life? NIKA has gave me a purpose every morning. WODing every morning gets me ready for my day , boosts my confidence and gives me the extra push I need to reach all of my professional goals.
- What is your Spirit Animal? A dog because I’m annoyingly friendly just like your average dog
- Favorite Song to workout to? 711 by Beyoncé , I just want to dance when it comes on.
- What advice would you give others who are thinking about signing up for a No Sweat Intro? Anyone thinking about NIKA, It is 110% worth the financial investment. It’s an investment to your health , mindset, and nutrition. You will build mental confidence, physical strength and be apart of an amazing community, I remember seeing the saying on the locker the first day i came for my foundations. “If you let it, this place will change you “ Man was that true. Thank you so much NIKA I’m so proud to rep this gym!
Congrats, Kaitlin! Keep up your willingness to learn!